Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stowe Family

I did a photo shoot of this adorable family in our ward last weekend. We didn't get started quite early enough in the morning and ended up having some harsher light than I would of liked. It made the family shots hard as I had a lot of really bright lights and shadows to contend with. I sure wish we had a cloud or two that day! We still got a lot of good shots, but I did learn some lessons on how bright the sun is in ABQ--hopefully all of these lessons will help me improve for next time!







I was having a hard time getting the kids to warm up to me at first and they didn't seem to be having much fun taking pictures, so the solution I came up with was to let them play in the leaves and I told them they could throw the leaves at me. That definitely worked! I LOVE the way these pictures turned out--so playful and natural. I am also really liking the faded colors on the candids, especially with the fall leaves in the background. These un-posed pictures are my favorite, and I hope the family enjoys them as well!












No comments:

Post a Comment